Septic Inspection Services
- Full Septic Inspection
- For Realtors
- For Homeowners
- For Home Sellers
- For Builders
What Is A Septic System
A septic system is a plumbing system of pipes that direct all of the water used in the house from everything such as shower and bath water to washing machine water, dishwasher water, toilets and water used at the sink. All water is directed to a large tank that is buried in the ground and traps the solids to let the cleaner water back into the ground to an area call the “drain field“. Septic systems play a crucial role in immediate and global environmental health.
Septic Tank Problems
Septic tanks have few moving part, but they are constantly in use. Because of this, if not properly maintained, problems can arise. Some of those potential problems include:
- Corrosion of Older Metal Septic Tanks
- Leaking Concrete Septic Tanks
- Septic Systems Draining Slowly
- Tanks With Too Much Solid Material
- Defective Septic Pumps
- Defective Septic Alarms
- Defective Septic Floats
- Broken Septic Baffles
- Clogged Lines/Pipes
- Unleveled Distribution Boxes
- Full or Overflowing Drain Fields
When selling or buying a home it is crucial to have your septic tank and septic system inspected. Our certified septic inspection professionals will do the following:
- Locate, identify and access the septic tank.
- Determine the material(s) that the tank is composed of.
- Thoroughly inspect the baffle.
- Check the water flow from the house to the tank.
- Find the date that the tank was last pumped.
- Check the sludge level. Sludge accumulates on the tank bottom and should not compose more than 30% of the tank’s total volume, nor should it rise to the level of the baffles.
- Ensure the the septic tank and its drainfield are the appropriate distance from the well (if applicable) and streams,
- Ensure the tank and system’s capacity is large enough for the home and family it serves.
- Check if any liquid waste has appeared on the ground surface. This is indicative of unsanitary conditions.
Get Started Now
Licenses / Certifications / Training
- State of Maryland certified sand mound septic system installer
- MDE BAT installer certified
- MDE required training for HOOT Advanced Treatment Systems installers
- MDE required training for SINGULAIR BIO-KINETIC installer
- MDE required training for NORWECO installer
- Utility contractor license – Carroll County, Frederick County
- Septic system installer license
Septic, Excavation and Concrete
Young Excavating, LLC is a two generation owned septic and excavation company located in central Maryland. For over 25 years Young Excavating, LLC has provided expert septic, excavation and concrete services. What sets us apart from other excavation companies is that one of our company owners is present on every job we do. We have been trusted by national companies such as Flo-tron, Livegreen, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, and more. Chances are, if you’ve walked on it, we had something to do with it.